It all began with a dream. Like a lot of people in Oregon that are not natives, John and Caroline Stranberg dreamed of leaving the rat race of the city behind and moving to paradise. In 1967 they purchased a Pear Orchard just outside of Ashland Oregon. In 1968 the Stranberg family moved from Southern California to Ashland. John Jr. received a degree in Horticultural Science and Paul received a degree in Agricultural Engineering from Oregon State University. John Jr. went to work for Monrovia Nursery for a while and gained the experience needed to run his own nursery. In 1979, the two brothers decided to combine knowledge and start their own business. This business started out as a love for growing plants. It didn’t take long before they learned there is a lot more to it than that. It takes people to grow, sell and buy plants. Eventually, the Valley View Family grew along with the crops and John and Paul’s families all played a role in the business.
Valley View Nursery offers quality, selection, service and savings you won’t find anywhere else. We are a team of individuals with a passion for significance. We desire to make a difference in the way people transform their yards into the ‘Vacation Lifestyle at Home’ they desire.
The Valley View Nursery Advantage
- Our people have over 250 years of combined experience in the horticultural industry
- We have Oregon Certified Nursery Professionals & OSU Horticulturists on Staff.
- The Largest Plant Selection in Southern Oregon!
- Trees/Shrubs/Ground Covers Grown on Our Farm.
- Larger Sizes - Specimen & Unusual Plants
- Outdoor furniture, pottery and other garden supplies.
Valley View Nursery offers the following services:
- Competitive Prices
- Volume Discounts
- A Liberal Plant Warranty
- Friendly Service
- Help with Yard Layout and Plant Selection
- Free Planting Guides & Plant Selection Handouts
- The Best Signage & Tags in the Area
The Exclusive Master Nursery Garden Center in the Rogue Valley.
Welcome to the sign of gardening know-how. Where you see the Master Nursery Garden Center sign, you can expect a level of service, knowledge and quality products that is clearly superior. This nursery, staffed with certified Master Nursery Professionals, is much more than just a store. It is a valuable resource that can help you create and maintain your garden.